Scottish Greens understand that we must reduce our reliance on fossils fuels to avoid serious climate change consequences. The latest science adds urgency to that task. We will create a fair and sustainable energy system for the future. This means we need low carbon energy for all. Scottish Green Party policy focusses on
- Cutting consumption – to meet climate change targets
- Creating an energy-generating democracy
- Jobs and skills transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy
- Focus on renewable energy resources
- Integrated, socially equitable and environmentally sustainable transport system
The South-Lanarkshire branch have local information on a number of areas.